• Historic Cemetery
    In 2001 the Texas Historical Commission
    designated the Bluffton Cemetery as a Historic
    Texas Cemetery. This plaque is mounted at the
    entrance of the cemetery on RR 2241.
  • Cemetery Entrance
    The Bluffton Cemetery is located on RR 2241,
    approximately 11 miles east of Llano, and
    2.3 miles west of the Bluffton Store, on the
    north side of the highway.
  • Cemetery Chapel
    Bluffton Cemetery Chapel, a covered area that
    includes the Display Case.
  • Display Case
    The Display Case, located inside the chapel,
    contains contact information, a copy of the
    Bluffton Cemetery Association Bylaws, a list
    of those who have passed away in the last
    year, a list of those buried in the
    cemetery, those who have plots assigned,
    and a plat showing the location of all lots
    and plots in the cemetery.
  • Cemetery Well
    The well was dug in 1931, but is no longer
    an active well. However, it is a beautiful decorative
    element in the cemetery.
  • Looking Northwest
    A view inside of the cemetery looking northwest
    from a spot near the chapel at the entrance to
    the cemetery. This view shows the west half
    of the cemetery.
  • Looking Northwest
    A view inside of the cemetery looking northwest
    from a spot on the southeast side of the cemetery.
    This view shows the east half of the cemetery.
  • Looking West
    A view inside of the cemetery looking west
    from the northeast side of the cemetery.
    This view shows the lots that contain the remains
    of the 63 unknowns who were removed from the Old
    Bluffton Cemetery.
  • Looking Southwest
    A view inside of the cemetery looking southwest
    from the north side of the cemetery.

Welcome to the Bluffton Cemetery Website

Welcome to the Bluffton Cemetery of Llano County, Texas website. Where do we start -- the Bluffton Cemetery is a historic cemetery that dates back 150 years, to about 1864. This cemetery is actually the second "Bluffton Cemetery". The first, the "Old Bluffton Cemetery", was covered by the waters of Lake Buchanan in 1937; and this cemetery, the "New Bluffton Cemetery" was built in 1931 to replace the "Old Bluffton Cemetery". Of the 459 graves that were moved from the basin of Lake Buchanan, 422 were moved to the New Bluffton Cemetery.

January 1931 Images courtesy LCRA Corporate Archives

In this website we want to provide you with information about the Bluffton Cemetery, a history of the cemetery, the ability to access information about those buried in our cemetery, and contact information which will allow you to reach us with your responses and questions.

The Bluffton Cemetery is located on Ranch Road 2241, 11 miles east of Llano, Texas and 2.2 miles west of Bluffton, Texas

Entrance Notification Sign

2013 BCA Newsletter

News of Interest

150 Years

This year, 2014, marks the 150th anniversary of the Bluffton Cemetery. This event will be celebrated with a special program at the Annual Business Meeting which will be held this October 4, 2014.

2013 Business Meeting is a Success

The Annual Business Meeting was well attended with 52 people present. There was a lot of input and participation, and of this date, during this fiscal year, over $12,000 has been donated to the Association. The Bylaws were also changed to provide guidelines for grave decorations and the newly revised Bylaws will be posted soon. Nancy Chism was re-elected to the Board of Trustees to serve the 2013-2015 term. She has served on the Board for about 20 years. A follow-up letter will be mailed/emailed soon.

Recent Passings

Whitten, William "Bill" Floyd

McDonald, Ollie Henry Jr.

Manning, Doris L. and Russel G.

Aston, Douglas Harold Sr.

Brown, Terry Lee